Tuesday, September 21, 2010

And So It Begins

A few weeks ago, my wife commented to me that a lot of people had been asking when I would start writing in my blog. This caught me a little by surprise, since a) I didn't know people ever read the things I wrote, and b) for some reason, I thought I had already written in my blog. But apparently I was wrong.

So without further ado, here we go.

I'm going to break this up into two posts so that they're not quite as long.

Let me begin by saying, "I LOVE my new job." Since I began working back in 1999, I have had 29 jobs, and the longest I was ever at one place was 361 days (so close to the 1 year mark). Part of the reason I have had so many jobs is because I have never been content with what I was doing. I've loved various aspects of many of my jobs, but none has ever challenged me, had potential for longevity, and been geared toward my desires and interests enough to make me want to say, "This is what I want to do with my life." Until now.

For those who don't know, I am the PE teacher/Athletic Director at my school. I teach Kindergarten through 9th grade, I am the coach for the girls' basketball and boys' soccer teams, and I am in charge of the high school Chapel team. God took my three ideal jobs; teaching, coaching, and youth ministry; and wrapped them all into one perfect position.

I daily give thanks to God for where He has placed us. I get random bouts of enthusiasm all the time about the ministry I have here with my students and the amazing things God is going to do. We are at a great school, we have the best coworkers ever, and we have a good home (that is newly furnished with an A/C unit!) And on top of all that, I'm going to be a dad!

There is so much to be thankful for that I am often overwhelmed by it all. And though I know that sooner or later we will face trials that will stretch and push us, it's nice to take a moment now and bask in The Amazing Grace God has poured out on us.

"38 They will be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me for their own good and the good of their children after them. 40 I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me. 41 I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul."

Jeremiah 32:38-41



1 comment:

  1. Yea duuuuuuu
    Glad you're lovin the job
    Check out YouTube for the full CD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyp1Ks5bm2g

    ReplyDelete